The Four Wheel Drive Zone
April 21, 2014, 10:10:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Four Wheel Drive Zone                 The 4wd Zone Shop is now open for business check it out now www.the4wdzone.com/shop              Dont forget to vote in the What brand do we drive poll just go into Member's Rigs                  There is now a for sale/wanted section to the forum                Are you a member of a 4wd Club? If you are PM Ace and find out how to get your own clubs forum                     If you own a 4wd related business PM Ace and become a site sponsor, its FREE!!!!

4wd Zone Home   Home   Help Search Arcade Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ARB Roof Rack Awning  (Read 6836 times)
Paul100
Rock Crawler

« on: October 06, 2007, 12:46:51 AM »

A little while ago I purchased an ARB Roof Rack Awning .

It cost $395 plus fitting , with the idea of using it on over nighters & as a day run trip shelter if needed at lunch time etc .
It's not bad for the price but have had issues with the cam-lock poles . Some of these have had a bad batch of cam-locks put in them . If you get one & it has that issue , then just let the ARB store where you got it know so they can get new replacement cam-locks in for you !

Here's a picture of it basically set-up

* May - June 07 326 (Small).jpg (64.13 KB, 640x480 - viewed 881 times.)

Toyota Landcruiser 100TD [with the works]..........Comfortable.....Capable.....Powerful.....Reliable..........

I'm an all seaons camper in all weather conditions! - are you? + Hunting.....Fishing.....Drinking.....

Toyota.....ARB.....Engel.....Mickey Thompson.....
DEFENDERZOOK
just call me SIR........
Global Moderator
Rock Crawler

in the shire....gods country.....sydneys south....

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »

looks good...what are the dimensions....?

Lurch the Land Rover Defender X-treme Td5......

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Be safe.......use BIG rubbers........
Paul100
Rock Crawler

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 05:20:07 AM »

looks good...what are the dimensions....?

2500mm long & 2000mm across

Toyota Landcruiser 100TD [with the works]..........Comfortable.....Capable.....Powerful.....Reliable..........

I'm an all seaons camper in all weather conditions! - are you? + Hunting.....Fishing.....Drinking.....

snailbate
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 06:54:23 PM »

You have to wonder about the cost of such things.
I just put a fully self supported wind out awning on the house, about the same size $180.00
30cal3006
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 07:02:25 PM »

If you had made it just that little bit wider and put wheels under those poles, I could get under it and drive beside you down the freeway in the shade.

Looks good and will be handy.
Paul100
Rock Crawler

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 10:21:41 PM »

If you had made it just that little bit wider and put wheels under those poles, I could get under it and drive beside you down the freeway in the shade.

Looks good and will be handy.

Tongue                Cheesy                 Grin

shad
Off Roader

locked & loaded

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 08:40:05 PM »

A guy from work is on to his third one the first two had small holes in them and he is not that impressed with them, wether he got a bad batch or not i dont know,but it has turnded me off buying the arb one.

shad
Paul100
Rock Crawler

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 08:49:54 PM »

You have to wonder about the cost of such things.
I just put a fully self supported wind out awning on the house, about the same size $180.00

Another brand the "Gunyah" sells for appox $700 + fitting  Shocked

Paul100
Rock Crawler

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 08:53:18 PM »

A guy from work is on to his third one the first two had small holes in them and he is not that impressed with them, wether he got a bad batch or not i dont know,but it has turnded me off buying the arb one.

shad

Hey Shad , well mine really only has had the cam-lock pole issue , but with what you wrote - all up I can't really recommend one to anyone , even tho' rival company ones cost a lot more !

Ace
Administrator
Ultimate 4WDer

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 01:37:27 PM »

dont forget the guys from GM outback who sponsor the site, that is what Sith bought and he was very impressed.

4wding, its the most fun you can have with your pants on.
lokka
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2007, 12:37:19 AM »

I prefer this set up as it only takes 5min to set upand its not attached to the truck which means you dont have to roll it up if ya need to move ya truck  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

* oct 07 tindag and allan river school hols 10 day trip 174.jpg (29.45 KB, 480x360 - viewed 538 times.)
Paul100
Rock Crawler

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2007, 01:17:21 AM »

I prefer this set up as it only takes 5min to set upand its not attached to the truck which means you dont have to roll it up if ya need to move ya truck  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

G'day lokka

Yeah a good ol'tarp is great for a 2 night stop or longer  , the set-up I put on is for our own use on over nighters when we don't move from camp [like the Wattagans over-nighter with Mick & Paulio] or if need be lunch stops etc .

cheers Paul
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 01:22:54 AM by Paul100 » Logged

lokka
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »

Yep i understand tho i cant justify the cost of one of the rollout's  Shocked Shocked Shocked

That tarp in the above pic is 20' x16' and like i said takes 5 min to set up is free standing with 4 poles/ropes/pegs and the whole lot cost about $120 bucks and is a must out on the beach in the summer  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Sith
Soft Roader

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 10:35:08 PM »

I must say 100% mine has held up now under some real bad weather ,done what i wanted ,never let me down with sensational work-woman ship
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: